Get the facts on this invisible, odourless and tasteless gas
November is Radon Awareness Month, and for good reason. With the temperatures about to fall into the negatives, you might be getting ready to spend more time indoors. This could prove to be dangerous if your home is near a radon infected area.
So what is Radon? Everyone has heard of uranium since it is quite common. When this metal breaks down, it creates a gas that can be hard to detect. This gas is Radon – and it’s deadly. In fact, it is the second-leading cause for lung cancer. To make matters worse, Radon is undetectable to the naked eye. In addition to not being able to see it, you also can’t smell or taste it. These attributes make it easy for people to miss Radon in their homes.
A professional can help though. AmeriSpec, for example, offers radon inspections to accurately detect if your home is safe from Radon. To learn more about the invisible threat of Radon, click here.